YM hold bumper weekend for kids
ON a weekend where the seniors put out a 2nd and 3rd XV and still had 30 senior players resting, their youth and junior club-mates enjoyed a bumper Sunday with 240 registered U6s to U16s enjoying the buzz and rugby at Ipswich YM.
Two age groups in particular had much to celebrate as the U12s and U13s enjoyed an exclusive training session with John Naylor and Lee Parry, two of RFU’s new and elite Eastern Counties Rugby Development Officers.
As part of YM’s drive for quality and broader coaching experiences for its players, this session was arranged with the support of John Winders, Suffolk’s coaching co-ordinator.
Each age group enjoyed a vibrant one hour session with passing, running, support and touch rugby skills to the fore before a Q&A session with the coaches and parents regarding the players’ future development and representative rugby.
The two coaches commented on the very warm welcome received, the positive atmosphere and numbers as well as the determinatiojn and high skill levels shown by the YM youngsters.
You may also want to watch:
More sessions are being arranged by YM to include hosting CPD seminars for coaches from other clubs to join.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week