Young Lions beat Samba Boys
ENGLAND beat Brazil 2-1 to finish top of their FIFA Under 17s World Cup group in dramatic fashion this morning.Ipswich defender Tommy Smith was an unused substitute as England pulled of the shock win over the three times winners.
By Derek Davis
ENGLAND beat Brazil 2-1 to finish top of their FIFA Under 17s World Cup group in dramatic fashion this morning.
Ipswich defender Tommy Smith was an unused substitute as England pulled of the shock win over the three times winners.
Tales opened the scoring for Brazil with a freak goal from a 40-yard free kick but Henry Lansbury equalised from the penalty spot on the stroke of half-time.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Smithies saved a penalty from Lulinha with 12 minutes to go and Jordan Spence gave the Young Lions victory over the Samba Boys with an injury-time winner.
England will now meet the winner of a play off games between a third place team from another group.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'