Youngsters gain team-riding skills
IPSWICH staged the first round of the new Suffolk Three-Team tournament for U13s.
The three teams that will be involved in the tournament, to be staged over four rounds, are Kesgrave, Ipswich and a combined team of Colchester and Great Blakenham.
The tournament is set up to give young riders a taste of team riding. Each is a six-rider team with up to two reserves. The races are over 27 heats with riders riding in a pair with each pairing having to race each other.
Kesgrave came with a very strong-looking team and will take some beating on this evidence. They were led by Matt Gifkins and Pierce Bacon who
were well supported by Harrison Bacon and Tyler Brinkoff.
You may also want to watch:
It was left to Ipswich and Colchester/Blakenham to battle it out for second place.
It was Ipswich who were to pip their rivals by one point with Ben Harvey, Jack Chaplin and Sam Warner returning good scores. For Colchester/Blakenham Lewis Davies and Colby Hack impressed.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 10 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
It was a great night’s racing, one in which the riders will learn many more new skills to take into their individual racing .
Suffolk U13’s Three-Team Team Tournament - Round One at Ipswich
Kesgrave 101: Pierce Bacon 23, Matt Gifkins 21, Harrison Bacon 18, Tyler Brinkoff 15, Lewis Brinkoff 13, Leon Armes 11
Ipswich 85: Ben Harvey 21, Jack Chaplin 21, Sam Warner 18, Alex Harvey 9, Brandon Gilbert-Rolfe 7, Gemma Hill 6, Charlie Brooke 3.
Colchester/Blakenham 84: Lewis Davies 23, Colby Hack 20, Cormac Repman 15, Stefan Farthing 12, Reagan Repman 7, Finlay Hack 7