‘I don’t want to be negative but I’m speechless’
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Jose Lopez Lerena is a big Town fan. Here are his thoughts on the state of life at Portman Road. We welcome your posts...
If you excuse me I would like to take some of your time to present my very honest thoughts about our current situation of our much beloved club, Ipswich Town.
Last season was very painful, it really hurt my heart to see Town relegated to League One.
I thought it was a rock bottom as basically we would walk this League and be straight back. But it seems like this boat is still in the middle of the storm.
Obviously the results, performance and league position are just not good enough.
You may also want to watch:
I don’t want to be negative but I’m speechless. We desperately need to be back to the winning ways... the promotion light is vanishing in front of us and seems like it’s about to disappear (if it hasn’t done it yet).
There’s a saying that the hope is the last thing you lose but I do prefer to stick to the science as mathematically we can make the play-offs at least.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 5 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 6 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 7 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 8 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 10 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
We need changes, there’s no doubt of that.
Ipswich Town FC is an ill body which needs a surgeon before it’s too late.
There’s still a chance to safe it however.
We just need to find a surgeon who will be capable of making the right cuts and remove the dead parts in order to save the rest. Regeneration is the right word.
I will keep cheering the team I love no matter what and I will try to do it as loud as possible!
Actually, we must keep cheering them as that will be more helpful thus we cannot let Portman Road’s atmosphere to get poisoned! I’m truly convinced we will get over this storm at some point in the near future but first we need to find that surgeon.
Success is temporary but loyalty is forever!
Vamos! ITID! COYB!
JOSE LOPEZ LERENA
We welcome your posts: e: firstname.lastname@example.org