‘All I can see in the future is disappointment should Marcus stay as owner’
- Credit: PA
We welcome your posts. MARC BOULTON, a long-time Town fan has sent in his thoughts...
I have been a supporter of Ipswich Town Football Club since 1964 and have seen many ups and downs over those years.
I can also remember when Ray Crawford came to Melton and helped the team to train!
My mother was a season ticket holder for more than 40 years. She went to every home and away game the year we won the UEFA Cup in 1981. It's a great shame over the last 15 years or so we have declined so much.
Unfortunately Ipswich Town are not a glamorous club and never have been, but we more than held our own against the Liverpools and Man Uniteds of this world in the 70s and 80s.
You may also want to watch:
I have no idea what the solution is now but I'm not sure it's Marcus Evans.
All I see in the future is disappointment should Marcus stay as owner.
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 5 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 6 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 9 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
Let's never forget we have had the two of the greatest managers in English football history (Alf Ramsey and Bobby Robson).
- We welcome guest posts from readers. To contribute please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org