Youth cricket initiative launched in Ipswich
AN EXCITING new venture to encourage and promote youth cricket between Copdock & OIs, Ipswich and Ipswich and East Suffolk has been launched.
On Monday, August 22 the three clubs will be involved in triangular tournaments based simultaneously at their grounds between 10am and 4pm with presentations to follow at Copdock.
There will be four age group tournaments Under-nine and Under-11 at Copdock, Under-13 at Ipswich and Under-15 and Under-16 at Chantry Park, the home of IES.
Although matches will be competitive the emphasis will be on participation and enjoyment with post event presentations and a barbecue at Copdock.
The three clubs who all play in the Marshall Hatchick Two Counties Championship, are committed to encouraging and promoting youth cricket. Along with the Chance2Shine programme, this is a welcome addition to their existing youth development and coaching programmes.
You may also want to watch:
The new venture is backed by Jamie Smith of JLS Catering, who has provided generous support.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 8 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter