Youth football: AFC Sudbury reports
Halstead Town Yellows 1 AFC Sudbury U15 Blues 6AFC Sudbury dominated this match with but it was the home side who opened the scoring with a classic ball over the top, neatly finished.
Halstead Town Yellows 1 AFC Sudbury U15 Blues 6
AFC Sudbury dominated this match with but it was the home side who opened the scoring with a classic ball over the top, neatly finished. AFC responded quickly good work from Nicoll saw his cross from the right met by Sam Davies and he made no mistake in heading the ball home. Shortly after Nicoll scored himself with a fine strike from 18 yards giving the keeper no chance and then Billy Mills increased the lead with a superbly taken volley from just inside the box.
In the second half AFC had the lion's share of possession and put together some excellent passing moves, Bandon New operating on the right linked up well with the front two and in defence there were solid performances from all the players typified by Player of the Match Dan New. Harry Payne showed good persistence in the box to get AFCs fourth placing his shot wide of the keeper and then Nicoll showed good composure and finishing as he completed his hat-trick with the next two goals. This was a good all round team performance by AFC who keep the pressure on at the top of the table.
AFC Sudbury U12 Blues 7, Little Oakley Reds 0
You may also want to watch:
Open Cup Rd 1
Craig opened the scoring after eight minutes, picking up a loose ball in the middle of the field, turning a couple of players and slotting past the keeper.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
After 20 minutes, Addison threaded the ball through the Oakley defence for Lingard to run onto and score. Cowley netted the third - a fantastic individual goal - on 23 minutes.
A beautifully weighted pass from Irwin for Addison to run onto and score made it 4-0 on 28 minutes.
A goalmouth scramble allowed Cowley to smash the ball home to make it 5-0 after the break. Heywood won the ball in the middle of the field and passed to Lingard, whose cross was slightly mishit and ended up over the keeper and into the back of the net on 43 minutes, and six minutes later man-of-the-match Cowley crossed for Craig to make it 7-0.