Zabik too busy to join Witches
WORLD Under-21 champion Karol Zabic has given his reasons for turning down an offer to ride for Ipswich Witches this year.“I did receive an offer from Ipswich but decided to turn it down,” said the 21-year-old Pole.
By Elvin King
WORLD Under-21 champion Karol Zabic has given his reasons for turning down an offer to ride for Ipswich Witches this year.
“I did receive an offer from Ipswich but decided to turn it down,” said the 21-year-old Pole. I didn't want to take too much on my shoulders to avoid instability in my form.
“Riding in the Polish and Swedish Leagues is a heavy schedule and I also have junior commitments. If I add something like 40 matches in England, then my number of meetings would be really huge.
You may also want to watch:
“This season is very important to me, as it is my last as a junior and I really want to make a show and if possible retain the world title.
“I am keen to ride in the Elite League in 2008. If I was to sign a contract with Ipswich now, it would not be fair to a club where I have already had talks - and where agreement has been reached for me to ride next year.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 4 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 7 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 8 Matchday Live: Goalless at the break in first game of a new era at Town
- 9 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 10 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
“This club wanted to possess two world champions and they have already managed to get hold of one.
“I hope that there won't be any obstacles for me to join this team next year - as a double world under-21 champion.”
The club in question is Poole and Pirates chief Matt Ford has welcomed Zabik's decision to decline Ipswich's offer.
Ford, who had earlier stressed Zabik had given verbal assurances that he wanted to ride for Poole in 2008, said: “Karol not signing for Ipswich is good news for me.
“We are very pleased that he has chosen to stick with his initial thought. This leaves the door open for us to secure a deal with him in the near future.”
Zabik, who had originally ruled out riding in England this year, changed his mind when he had trouble closing a deal with his Swedish club. But he has now patched up his differences with them.