Brown bags a 45-minute hat-trick as Town U23s launch comeback to beat Birmingham 5-4
- Credit: Archant
Young striker Zak Brown scored a second-half hat-trick as a youthful Ipswich Town Under 23 side fought back from 3-0 down to win 5-4 at Birmingham City U23s this afternoon.
The young Blues, for whom fringe first-teamers Armando Dobra, Corrie Ndaba and Brett McGavin all featured, trailed 2-0 at the break and fell even further behind, before they launched an astonishing comeback.
A Brown header and two penalties from McGavin made it 3-3 with 20 minutes left, setting up a grandstand finish.
Town went 4-3 down, only for Brown – who came on at half-time – to bag a brace and complete his hat-trick, as the Blues claimed a memorable win.
He made it 4-4 in the 83rd minute with another header, before clinching the victory with just two minutes left, rounding the Birmingham keeper and casually slotting home.
You may also want to watch:
Town starting XI: White, Crowe, Stewart, Ndaba, Smith (c), McGavin, Crane, Healy, Viral, Gibbs, Dobra
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week