Spurs fail in bid for Parker
TOTTENHAM have had a bid rejected for West Ham United midfielder Scott Parker.
The 29-year-old has been linked with a move away from Upton Park, but co-chairman David Sullivan has reiterated that their star player is not for sale.
“I made a promise that I would not sell Scott and I will not, for any amount of money, break that promise to the West Ham supporters,” he said. “Scott is not for sale at any price, to anyone. West Ham supporters, for far too long, have had owners that sell their best players and promise one thing and do another.”
The Hammers have offered the 29-year-old a new contract worth �20million over five years as proof that they intend to build their future around him.
The East London club also issued a statement saying: “The club informed Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy prior to him making the offer that we would not welcome any approach to unsettle the player.”
You may also want to watch:
Parker, who missed out on a place in the England World Cup squad, has three years left on his current contract.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 A12 closed following serious collision
- 4 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 5 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 6 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 7 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 8 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 9 Ipswich Debenhams to close on May 4 after the building is sold
- 10 Air ambulance called to medical emergency