Sven interested in Villa hotseat
SVEN-GORAN Eriksson could return to the Premier League with Aston Villa after revealling he is ‘interested’ in the post.
The Swede, alongside American Bob Bradley, has been installed as amongst the front runners to replace Martin O’Neill by many bookmakers, although his only Premier League experience was a season at Manchester City.
A source close to the former England manager said: “Of course, Sven would be interested in this job. He has always said that he would like to go back to the Premier League. It is a big target for him.”
But Eriksson’s representative, Athole Still, has admitted there has been no approach by the midlands club.
“There has been no interest from Aston Villa. Sven gets associated with a lot of big jobs but, as we speak, there has been no contact from Aston Villa.”
You may also want to watch:
Villa’s chief executive Paul Faulkner, meanwhile, will hold a meeting with the players today to explain the events of the past 24 hours and the club’s plans until a replacement is found. The reserve team coach Kevin MacDonald will be in charge for Saturday’s home game with West Ham.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market