Teams wanted for Community Football League
A NEW six-a-side community football league kicks off at Breckland Leisure Centre, Thetford, on Monday 29th October 2012 and organisers are appealing for teams to register ahead of the big kick-off.
The new season will run every Monday evening between 7pm-9pm on the Astroturf for 40 minute games and only �4 per player with space available for up to sixteen teams to take part.
League manager, Chris Murphy, said, “This is the first time we have organised a community league in Thetford it is exciting times. All equipment is provided and I will be writing weekly match reports with scorers names and will also be including comments from Team Captains which will help to give a really professional feel to the league.”
The league is FA Affiliated with qualified referees officiating all matches. There is no entry or registration fee to the league and teams are able to use flexible squads.
Top quality individual trophies will be given to winners and runners-up whilst there is also a top goalscorer award. The National 6-a-side Cup is held every July in London Soccerdome and the top two teams from the league will qualify.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in taking part should register online at www.soccersixes.net or text Chris on 07969182580
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 4 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 5 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 6 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 7 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 8 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 9 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 10 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year