The World Cup final and the Manchester derby - coming to a screen near you!
THE Rugby World Cup final, the Manchester derby and international one-day cricket hit our screens this weekend in a magnificent two days of sport.
France face New Zealand in the final of the World Cup on Sunday morning, while the destiny of the Premier League title may well be tilted in either Manchester United or Manchester City’s direction after Sunday’s game at Old Trafford.
England also have the chance to rescue some pride after losing the one-day cricket series in India, when they face the hosts in the fourth one-day international.
But the action begins Saturday lunchtime and, even at this early stage of the season, the televised clash between Wolves and Swansea in the Premier League could be seen as something of a six-pointer.
After being the early season table-toppers, hosts Wolves have lost their last five and not won in six while Brendan Rogers’ Swansea have yet to win away in the top flight.
You may also want to watch:
This game kicks off a big weekend of sport on the box with the action from Molineux starting at 12.30pm on Sky Sports 2 and Sky Sports HD2.
Later on that day, Liverpool host Norwich at 4.45pm on ESPN while on Sky the action returns, this time in the Championship, as Reading entertain Southampton on Sky Sports 2 and Sky Sports HD2 from 5pm.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 9 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 10 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
For rugby fans, Northampton go to Ospreys in the LV=Cup with the game kicking off at 5pm on Sky Sports 1, while Sky Sports 4 will be showing back to back La Liga games featuring Real Madrid and Barcelona against Malaga and Sevilla respectively.
On Sunday, it’s the big one - as the Rugby World Cup comes to a conclusion with the hosts New Zealand taking on the conquerors of both England and Wales, France.
New Zealand are the hot favourites to win this game but you can never rule out the unpredictable Les Bleus who, after seemingly going through a crisis earlier in the tournament following their defeat to Tonga, have somehow battled and scrapped their way to within touching distance of the Webb Ellis Cup.
The action begins at 8.30am on ITV 1.
Elsewhere, already 3-0 down in the series, England will be looking to rescue some pride against India in the fourth one-day international on Sky Sports 2 from 9.30am.
The big football game at the weekend starts at the “Theatre of Dreams” at 1pm on Sky Sports 1 and HD 1 as United take on City in the Manchester derby before a London derby takes place straight after on the same channel as QPR host their bitter rivals Chelsea (3.30pm).