Launch of theatre’s landmark 200th anniversay celebrations
This year the Theatre Royal Bury St Edmunds is celebrating its 200th anniversary.
And the launch of the celebrations to mark the bicentennial year is taking place at the historic playhouse in Westgate Street, on Tuesday, February 12, at 7.30pm.
There will be a wide programme of items lined up on the evening as well as a presentation of the celebratory events throughout 2019.
There are already a host of performances lined up at the theatre over the coming weeks and months as part of its spring programme and include the comedy The Wisdom Club from Janaury 30 to February 9; John Godber’s drama Bouncers, February 25 to 27; radio comedy classic Hancock’s Half Hour, February 28 to March 2; the musical Chess, which is being staged by local group the Irving Stage Company, March 12 to 16; and Shakespeare’s romantic comedy Much Ado About Nothing, April 2 to 6.
There is also a sponsored 200 for 200 walk which is also taking place to raise funds for the theatrte.
You may also want to watch:
Those interested in attending should contact email@example.com to secure a place which are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week