A Saucerful of Floyd to perform anniversary tribute to Pink Floyd’s Animals at New Cut, Halesworth
- Credit: Archant
A special anniversary concert marking 40 years since the release of a “dystopian materpiece” will be performed in Suffolk later this month.
A Saucerful of Floyd are playing the entirety of Pink Floyd’s Animals album at the New Cut theatre in Halesworth.
The performance of the album, which is loosely based on George Orwell’s Animal Farm, is a “celebration of its lasting excellence and prescience”.
A spokesman fro the band said: “The New Cut in Halesworth is a brilliant venue that promotes a huge variety of shows and it is a testament to their excellent events programming that they have such a brilliant and varied line-up of events.”
The four-piece band are said to capture the “energy and power of Floyd in their heyday” and also boast a “spectacular light show”.
As well as playing the full length of Animals the show will also feature material spanning from Meddle through to The Division Bell.
Visit http://newcut.org/events/entry/4739 for details.
- 1 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 2 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 3 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 4 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 5 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Sunday sermon required at Portman Road... why Crewe game is 'must win' for Town
- 9 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 10 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries