Join award-winning actors for virtual pub quiz tonight
- Credit: PA
Quizzes are the new cultural currency of lockdown. Jay Flynn’s Virtual Pub Quiz has set new online records in less than a month and now it seems that the National Theatre is getting in on the act to try and help them raises funds to weather the financial woes of enforced shut-down.
The National Theatre, being the institution it is, can call upon some pretty impressive quizmasters and, for the first of what they hope will be a regular monthly event, they have a dazzling line-up: Dame Helen Mirren, Sir Lenny Henry, Lesley Manville, and Sir Ian McKellen.
These nobles of the theatre will posing questions on history, sport, nature, and (unsurprisingly) the National Theatre. The quiz can be accessed via the National Theatre’s Facebook page or through their YouTube channel which also hosts the weekly live screening of a classic theatre production.
The first quiz is being held tonight at 7pm and will then be staged on the last Monday of every month. It seems that Sir Ian McKellen has experience of hosting pub quizzes. He is part owner of The Grapes pub in Limehouse and apparently has been known to pop in. on occasion, to host the tavern’s quiz night.
Don’t forget that Danny Boyle’s re-imagining of Mary Shelley’s classic horror story Frankenstein is being screened on Thursday; with Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonny Lee Miller swapping roles as the creature and his inventor on alternate evenings for a week.
You may also want to watch:
You access the quiz live stream on Facebook here or on YouTube here
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune