Actress Louise Olley returns to Suffolk to star in Dreamboats and Miniskirts at Ipswich Regent tonight
- Credit: Archant
Louise Olley fell in love with performing the moment she sang in front of her Bildeston Primary classmates for the first time – years later, she’s starring in Dreamboats and Miniskirts at the Ipswich Regent.
She stars as Sue in the musical, a sequel to Dreamboats and Petticoats, which features rock and roll hits from the 1960s.
“I can’t wait, I’m thrilled to be back and looking forward to being at the Regent,” said Louise, who danced for the Co-op Juniors, performed with Hadleigh Amateur Dramatic Society and worked at the New Wolsey Theatre front of house.
“My parents live in Battisford and I’ve lots of family and friends, lots of support, when I come to Ipswich which will be lovely.”
Nearly three months into the tour, audiences are enjoying the show which has moved on to 1963.
You may also want to watch:
Bobby and Laura’s single Dreamboats and Petticoats hasn’t led to the success they hoped for and Norman and Sue aren’t finding life any easier. “I played Sue in Petticoats for a year, she’s very different in this one. She was a tart with a heart type character in the first one, now she’s married and has got a baby on the way. Norman’s invited to sing with a band and you’ll see in the show they do quite well,” said 25-year-old Louise, who attended Hadleigh High School, then sixth form college in Colchester.
Including songs like Do You Love Me, Summer Holiday and Then He Kissed Me, there is something for everybody she added.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
“We’ve got a bit of Roy Orbison, some Beatles in there, so many songs. It’s a really wonderful show and I think people will really enjoy it.”
Dreamboats and Miniskirts is at the Ipswich Regent from tonight to November 1.