Adam Ant and Katie Melua coming to Ipswich
Adam Ant is getting ready to Stand and Deliver all his hits at the Ipswich Corn Exchange later this year, it’s been revealed.
He comes to town with his band, The Good, The Mad and The Lovely Posse, on July 13.
Ant rose to fame in the October of 1980 when he first appeared on Top of the Pops; changing the direction of British music at the time.
For almost two years Adam and the Ants dominated the charts with their singles and albums; especially Kings of the Wild Frontier, the band’s second, which charted for 66 consecutive weeks, 12 of them at number one.
The Ipswich gig will feature hits such as Ant Rap, Friend or Foe and Prince Charming along with new material. Tickets are on sale now.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Katie Melua has annnouced she’s returning to the Ipswich Regent this October 8.
Tickets go on sale from 9am this Friday.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 5 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 6 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 7 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 10 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain