All-inclusive performance of Peter Pan comes to Essex theatre
- Credit: Archant
There is still time to book up for an all-inclusive performance of Peter Pan at Clacton’s Princes Theatre.
Following the success of the last year’s adapted performance – and in response to huge demand – a relaxed version of Polka Dot Pantomimes’ production will take place on Friday, December 28, at 2pm.
This year’s swashbuckling adventure stars X-Factor’s Marcus Collins as Peter Pan, with Beth Fisher as Tinkerbell and local comedian Mick Dundee as Smee.
The performance will have a relaxed attitude to noise and movement from the audience and will make changes to the light and sound effects to enable theatre-goers with additional needs to attend.
As no flashing lights or pyrotechnics will be used the show is also suitable for those with light sensitive epilepsy.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a sign language interpreter.
Helen Wright, executive producer for Polka Dot Pantomimes, said: “Christmas is a time for families and we want to make this exciting festive production as accessible as possible, to as many families as possible.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 9 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 10 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
“We are working alongside the amazing staff at the Princes Theatre to ensure we provide the right environment and allow the show to be enjoyed by as many theatre goers as we can.”
Mick Skeels, cabinet member for leisure and tourism at Tendring District Council, which runs the Princes Theatre, said: “Peter Pan is such a delight for the whole family and it is great that this relaxed performance will allow everyone to enjoy the fun.
“I’d also like to add my personal thanks to all the cast and crew and the Princes Theatre staff for all their hard work and dedication to bring yet another fantastic show to Clacton for audiences to enjoy.”
The Princes Theatre is happy for families to visit before the show date to look around, familiarise themselves with their surroundings and even sit in their seats to make sure they are comfortable.
Anyone who would like a pre-show visit can contact the theatre directly on 01255 686633.
Among other facilities available at the theatre are an induction loop hearing system, wheelchair-friendly access and toilets, extra leg room seats, and a friendly and supportive staff.
Performances of Peter Pan run until New Year’s Day.
To book tickets, visit www.princestheatre.co.uk or call the box office on 01255 686633.