Annie Mac to headline new Ipswich music and football festival
RADIO One DJ Annie Mac will headline VEST-IVAL, combining music and football at Jimmy’s Farm on May 21.
The vest-themed charity event will feature live bands including Kid British, Jersey Budd and The Crimea, stand up comedy from Friday Night Dinner star Tom Rosenthal, five-a-side football, coaching and face painting for children.
Numerous celebrities from the football world will also be there, along with the FA Cup courtesy of the Football Association.
All proceeds will go to Hanna’s Orphanage, which supports orphans in Ethiopia; and Football Action, which places volunteer football coaches and English teachers in developing countries across the world, including Ethiopia and India.
Doors open at 10am on May 21, with music kicking off at noon. There’ll be space for camping on site, with food and drink available to buy onsite.
You may also want to watch:
DJ Annie Mac said: “Football Action and Hanna’s Orphanage raise money for such good causes that I jumped at the chance to play VEST-IVAL. Music and football are a great way to encourage people to support good causes and I can’t wait to perform on the night.”
Ben Patton and Jenny Higgins, of Football Action and Hanna’s Orphanage, said: “There’s no better way to raise money and awareness than through music and sport.
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
“We really hope the top musical line-up and great football activities throughout the day, as well as the fantastic location of Jimmy’s Farm, will attract hundreds of people to come and support a fantastic and worthwhile cause.”
Early bird tickets are available for adults at �45, Children U14 at �20 or �100 for a family of up to four (mix of adults and children) all with camping on the Saturday night. Tickets are on sale via www.wegottickets.com or www.gigantic.com – just search Vest.
For up to date info on bands and comedians as they are confirmed join the Vest-ival Facebook group or visit www.footballaction.org.uk/vestival