Appeal Theatre Group brings musical to Ipswich dance house
APPEAL Theatre Group is looking forward to introducing some little-known songs to a wider audience.
It is staging an exciting version of Songs For A New World, a musical by American composer Jason Robert Brown.
Covering all musical styles, the show follows the theme of taking life’s moments and making a choice as to which direction to follow.
Numbers include the humorous Surabaya Santa, the tragic Just One More Step, the thought provoking I’m Not Afraid Of Anything and the majestic On The Deck Of A Spanish Sailing Ship, sure to get your feet tapping.
The cast, comprising some of the area’s best singers, are relishing the chance to showcase this Tony award-winning songwriter’s work at The Jerwood DanceHouse, on Ipswich’s Waterfront.
You may also want to watch:
Never one to sit back and take a rest, the group will then bring A Grand Night For Singing, a Rodgers and Hammerstein revue, to the New Wolsey in June.
Songs For A New World is at the Jerwood DanceHouse from April 13-16.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 7 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 8 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 9 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 10 Incoming Town CEO Ashton 'set to poach Bristol City head of football operations' - report
“It’s an exciting opportunity for us to showcase our talent at two fantastic venues in the town”, said Jo King, musical director for Appeal Theatre Group and ATG Productions.
Tickets are available from Jerwood DanceHouse.