Apprentice preview: The battle of the free magazines
TONIGHT’S Apprentice sees the teams called to Fleet Street to be told by Lord Sugar that they’ll be creating and publishing a free magazine.
Eager to hit on a surefire market to tempt advertisers, the teams go in very different directions.
One takes aim at the low-brow lads’ mag market, while the other plumps for the older readers - and both seem to tick all the sterotype boxes as the task progresses.
Photoshoots get racy for the lads’ mag team, and some patronising names are bandied about in the other team, prompting a few raised eyebrows from 67-year-old Nick as he observes.
The pitches go badly for one team, who don’t know what they’re selling, and soon enough it’s back to the boardroom - where another candidate gets their marching orders...
You may also want to watch:
- Evening Star editor Nigel Pickover will be live-tweeting throughout tonight’s episode. Follow him by clicking on the link to the top right of this story.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 7 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him