Annual art exhibition returns to 14th-century barn in west Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
A popular art exhibition, featuring the work of 30 artists, will take place at a 14th-century barn near Bury St Edmunds.
Blackthorpe Barn, in Rougham, will host the 19th annual exhibition by Artworks, giving people the chance to view work by the group’s East Anglian members.
With each artist exhibiting around 10 new pieces of art, there will be more than 300 works on display together with a pop-up shop, which will sell smaller artworks, paintings and cards.
All works are for sale.
Gillian Crossley-Holland, chairman of Artworks, said: “It’s our 19th annual exhibition this autumn and it’s easy to be excited by such an achievement.
You may also want to watch:
“This year, as well as the work of our Artworks members, we are welcoming many talented guest artists whose work will give the exhibition a completely new and exciting feel.”
Entrance to the exhibition is free, parking is available and a cafe will serve drinks and home-made cakes during the show.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window
A number of demonstrations and presentations by the artists will also accompany the exhibition.
The exhibition will also be accompanied by a unique prize draw – the popular Mini Artworks - which features 30 original, specially-created artworks by exhibiting artists.
Tickets are £2 each and are available during the exhibition with proceeds supporting Artworks’ schools programme and its charity this year – Suffolk Refugee Support.
The exhibition is open from Saturday, September 15 until Sunday, September 30, from 10am-5pm daily.
For more information visit www.artworksinfo.org.uk