Author Will Mabbitt joins Waterstones for pirate-themed World Book Day fun
- Credit: Su Anderson
Young pirates from across Ipswich set sail for Waterstones on Saturday to celebrate World Book Day alongside a top children’s author.
Colchester-born novelist Will Mabbitt returned to Ipswich, where he worked for a number of years, to join in the fun, signing copies of his Unlikely Adventures of Mabel Jones series.
“This is my second ever book signing,” Mr Mabbitt, now based in Brighton said. “It’s gone very well and it’s nice the shop has gone to lots of effort.”
Staff dressed up in their best buccaneer costumes for the occasion, while the store also had a host of treasures including craft activities, games and puzzles for the young pirates to plunder.
Jem Gooding from the store said: “Kids love pirates and there are a lot of new books and current books for each age group.
You may also want to watch:
“They all seem happy and having an author like Will in is just brilliant.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 8 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 9 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 10 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them