See inside new adrenalin-pumping climbing centre at Ransomes Europark
From thrillseekers to families, people of all abilities try their hand at rock climbing at a brand new attraction on the outskirts of Ipswich.
Avid indoor climbing centre opened its doors to the public last week after a £500,000 revamp turned a warehouse at Ransomes Europark into a new bouldering centre.
The 7,000 sq ft space in Ipswich incorporates 500 metres of walls that are up to 4.5 metres high – and offer 250 different routes.
The centre has a special padded safety floor and does not involve any ropes, making it perfect for bouldering – which has climbed in popularity and is set to appear in the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo.
Owner Lindsay Barker said: “It has been a real team effort to get the doors open and to see so many people coming in to enjoy climbing with us is amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“The feedback has been great and we have already had repeat visits even after only being open for five days.”
The centre in Bermuda Road gives people of all ages and abilities the chance to discover the delights of indoor climbing on their doorstep.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
The climbing course is open from noon to 10pm Monday to Friday, and from 10am to 6pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Standard entry is £9 during peak times (after 5pm Monday to Friday) and off peak entry is £7.
The centre is also offering monthly passes, student concessions, annual passes and group tickets for up to 10 people.
If you are new to climbing, email email@example.com to set up an induction or visit the website for more information.