Axed Apprentice candidate Alex ‘too creative’ for Lord Sugar
FIRED Apprentice candidate Alex Epstein tonight claimed he was “too creative” for Lord Sugar’s businesses after he became the latest to get the axe from the hit show.
Epstein, 26, was shown the door after leading his team, Apollo, to defeat in a task which involved creating a brand of household cleaner.
Apollo’s offering, called Germ-O-Nator, did not go down well with Lord Sugar, who said it looked as though it belonged “in a car accessory shop as a degreaser’’.
He fired the marketing professional after saying he was “lost as to why, on this, a task which you are supposed to be an expert in, went so miserably wrong.’’
Epstein, who lives in Manchester, agreed with Lord Sugar’s decision.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “With Lord Sugar, what you see is what you get. He’s very direct. If I worked with Lord Sugar we’d grate on each other. We wouldn’t see eye-to-eye at the end of the day.
“I think I’m too creative for Lord Sugar’s businesses.’’
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 9 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
He added: “I’m not too bitter. I’m fine - I was quite happy to leave the process when I did.’’
Epstein is now focused on launching his own business, and works as a marketing consultant for private clients.