Backpacks are loaded, cars packed and the festival goers are heading to Latitude 2015
- Credit: Archant
This morning commuters shared the A12 with heavily-laden cars heading north towards Southwold ready to set up camp at Henham Park.
The Latitude campsite opens at 2pm today, and there is likely to be a steady stream of traffic to the site right through the weekend
Excited campers have already started sharing photos on Instagram, showing how they have expertly packed tents, beer, wellies, sleeping bags and festival hats into the boots of their cars.
One Instagram user shared a phots of his car, claiming he had ‘packed light’ - but there was little space to spare.
Others had even less room, and had piled in bags around their friends on the back seat.
You may also want to watch:
But others really did restrict luggage, to ensure there was room for cider.
Not everyone has the luxury of a car to take them to the festival, which has encouraged music fans to opt for greener transport options.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 5 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 Missing person from Braintree has been found
- 10 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
Instead, festival-goers have dug out their back packs, loaded them with supplies and strapped on a tent.
Train passengers are advised to travel to Diss, where buses will be waiting to take them on to the festival site.
Some campers use trailers, carts and wheel barrows to ship their tents from the car parks to the festival site, or to transport children around Henham Park when their little legs grow weary.
Other Latitude fans have simply been posting photos of their tickets, proclaiming their excitement as they count down the hours to the festival start proper.
Share your photos using #Latitude