Barrow: Success for Homegrown Festival talent
- Credit: Su Anderson
Organisers of a West Suffolk music festival have hailed this year’s edition a success.
The second edition of the Homegrown Festival, in Barrow, played host to local acts of all sizes including X-Factor winner Matt Cardle, who grew up in Halstead.
Daisy Victoria, from Yaxley, near Eye, also performed, along with Cambridge band TreeHead.
Festival organiser Glen Moulds said the it had been “fantastic” adding: “The bands have absolutely rocked the place, it’s been brilliant.
“We’ve nearly doubled our numbers from last year. The quality of the bands has been incredible, there’s been a fantastic atmosphere on the main stage.
“It’s been absolutely brilliant and people have been coming up to me and telling me it’s going in the right direction.”
Mr Moulds said his highlight of the weekend had been the Ipswich-based ska band Downsetters, saying: “They absolutely rocked the place.
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 3 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
- 4 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 5 Suffolk letting agent admits swindling customers out of £80,000
- 6 Complaints of 'terrible smell' coming from Melton animal crematorium
- 7 Road closed as emergency services called to single-vehicle crash
- 8 Fire crews extinguish large playing field fire in Suffolk village
- 9 Police seize lorry on A14 after driver had no licence or insurance
- 10 McKenna on Ball injury latest and Keogh's first Town appearance
“What was really nice was the crescendo of bands. The quality of the bands was unbelievable. We’ve been lucky with the weather, it’s been stunning.”
Mr Moulds also gave promises for next year’s festival, saying: “It will be bigger and better. We’ve got new ideas, and people keep saying ‘what about this?’ and we go ‘that sounds good’!
“It’s not just a Bury festival, it’s an East Anglian festival. It’s an absolute success. Everyone was happy and the amount of people coming back next year we expect it to double in size.
“The planning for next year starts on Tuesday!”