Be prepared to enjoy Ipswich Gang Show
Ipswich Gang Show 2011, The Great School Theatre, Ivry Street, to April 16
TOE-tapping tunes, dazzling dance numbers and lots to laugh at; these Scouts and Guides are always prepared to entertain.
It was a shame more people didn’t take up the company’s invitation to enjoy the dress rehearsal before the show’s official opening tonight. When word spreads how good it is they may have trouble getting tickets.
Being the last dry run there were a few hiccups, but nothing serious and nothing that won’t be all right on the night.
The cast were vocally strong, in some cases exceptional. The rendition of What A Wonderful World stands out in my mind.
You may also want to watch:
Members of all ages really threw themselves into the dancing and The War of the Worlds routine was cleverly choreographed and staged.
Comedy-wise, Richard Stilgoe’s WI Calendar Girls, the Radio Ham, A Word from our Sponsors and Amazing Memory Man skits worked very well.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 5 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 6 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 10 Tribute to Kaine, 24, at estate's new underpass mural
You don’t have to be part of the Scout or Guide world to enjoy this super mix of modern and Ralph Reader inspired material.
The cast are having so much fun you can’t help but be swept up by it as well.