Hotel crowned the best wedding venue in the East of England
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk hotel and spa has been voted as the best wedding venue in the East of England for the second year - and has been shortlisted for a national award.
Bedford Lodge Hotel and Spa, in Newmarket, received the prize from The Wedding Industry Awards in the ‘best town or city venue’ category and has now been shortlisted for the national finals.
The winners of the national award will be revealed in January 2019.
Noel Byrne, chief executive of the hotel, said: “I am extremely proud of my team at Bedford Lodge Hotel and Spa who always make sure everything runs seamlessly for couples from start to finish.
“To be recognised for the second year running as Best Town or City Venue in our region is truly wonderful.
“The Wedding Industry Awards are very highly regarded and it is a pleasure that we have been voted for by the happy couples that have celebrated their special day with us.
“It is fantastic to see the continued efforts of our team recognised again this year.”
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 3 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 4 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 'If we're clever there's lots to learn' - McKenna on Town's Bolton lessons
- 10 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich