Bellowhead’s promise to fans
IT’S the last gig of a long tour but Bellowhead are looking to go out with a bang when they play the Corn Exchange tomorrow.
Andy Mellon plays trumpet in the 11-piece group - who blend English folk with rock, world jazz and a bit of music hall - and says they can’t wait for the gig.
“We’re all a little bit frazzled; we might have partied a little bit too hard and we’ve had to sleep on the sleeper bus a few times. But regardless we’re here to put on a big old show.”
The group, who have been together six years, are celebrating after earning four nominations for the 2011 BBC folk awards.
“Yeah, that’s fantastic; a huge honour,” says Andy. “I don’t imagine we’ll win them all but we might get something.”
You may also want to watch:
“If you want to come out for a massive great big party, have a lot of dancing and go home with a great big smile on your face then you should come and see us,” he adds.
- 1 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 5 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 6 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 7 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 8 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 10 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star