Big Fat Cow Burger Joint, Baytree and My Kitchen Your Place all taking up stands at the Suffolk Show
- Credit: Gregg Brown
As well as the chance to buy loads of food to take home, the Suffolk Show presents plenty of opportunities to eat out.
Whether you fancy a bit of duck, fish and chips, a gourmet burger, or just a cooling ice cream, you’ll find a food trader to whet your appetite.
For a meaty treat, look out for the Big Fat Cow Burger Joint, who’ll be serving epic, juicy burgers.
The Original pairs a prime burger with crisp lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and onions.
Up the ante with a Spicy Cow, topped with the addition of jalepenos.
You may also want to watch:
Or go the full monty for a Crazy Cow tower of two 8oz burgers with treacle bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, gherkins and caramelised red onions.
If pizza’s your thing, you can’t go wrong with Ipswich’s Baytree, who are regularly at events and at the town’s market.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
All pizzas are cooked in front of you within the mobile wood burning oven, which gets up to 500C and finishes each dish in under two minutes.
Dough is made fresh daily and the toppings are of good quality.
Go for a margherita or pepperoni-topped classic, or be a bit more adventurous. The Greek pizza is topped with feta cheese, oven roasted peppers, roasted cherry tomatoes, black olives, fresh basil and Balsamic dressing. And the Mexicana is adorned with fajita seasoned chicken, caramelised red onions, roasted peppers, jalapenos, mozzarella and sour cream and guacamole.
For something a bit more refined, head over to My Kitchen Your Place where Pheobe is planning to serve homemade quiches, salads and Suffolk ploughman’s from her vintage French firetruck.
No day out at the show is complete without a cone of ice cream.
Suffolk Gourmet will be there with their traditional ice cream tricycle selling artisan ice cream from Marybelle’s Suffolk Meadow brand. The creamy, flavoursome ices are made with their own cream and milk and flavours stretch from plain vanilla and Belgian chocolate to wild cherry and kirsch, orange chocolate chip and lemon poppyseed.