Blues fusion supergroup Bokanté to perform in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Musician and composer Michael League, of jazz collective Snarky Puppy, is bringing his new blues fusion supergroup Bokanté to Bury St Edmunds this week.
Launched in 2017, the band features musicians from five countries and four continents who have played with the likes of Paul Simon and Sting through to Yo Yo Ma.
The word bokanté means exchange in Creole, which is the language vocalist Malika Tirolien, from Guadeloupe, sings.
Two-time Grammy award-winning guitarists Michael League, Chris McQueen, and Bob Lanzetti (all from Snarky Puppy), percussion legend Jamey Haddad (Paul Simon, Sting), pedal and lap steel virtuoso Roosevelt Collier (Lee Boys, Karl Denson), and percussionists André Ferrari (Väsen) and Keita Ogawa (Banda Magda, Yo-Yo Ma) come together to create music which traces the blues from its African roots to the modern world.
Bokanté will perform at the Apex in Bury St Edmunds on Wednesday, January 30, at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are priced at £20 (adults) and £5 (under 25s).
For more information, visit www.theapex.co.uk
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 4 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 5 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints