Brucie: Strictly line up is ‘much better’ than last year
STRICTLY Come Dancing host Bruce Forsyth believes this year’s line-up is ‘much better’ than the 2009 version of the show - and he backed Ann Widdecombe as ‘absolutely wonderful.’
He said: “We have got a much better line-up of people so I’m sure the series is going to do well.
“This year they are better characters, interesting people, and just Ann Widdecombe alone is absolutely wonderful.”
The broadcasting legend refused to name a favourite performer because he had to be neutral but said the eventual winner might not be the best performer in the early stages of the show.
He said: “There are some great dancers and it is amazing how after three weeks of training how much they can improve and in the next month how they can improve again.”
You may also want to watch:
Though widely maligned for her dancing, Widdecombe was saved from the axe by the public vote last week and it is thought that her popularity could carry her far in the competition.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 7 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed