Bures Music Festival to start today
- Credit: Archant
A popular music festival gets under way today, kicking off five days of jazz, rock and blues from some of the best local and national musical talent.
Bures Music Festival, which runs until Sunday night, will feature a string of live performances at Bures recreation ground. And this year organisers have also worked harder than ever to ensure children can enjoy the festival too.
Families are invited to bring their offspring on Saturday and Sunday afternoon to enjoy the bouncy castle and slide, gladiator, bucking bronco, face painting, children’s area and lots of stalls.
Tomorrow evening will see local young musicians take to the stage in the big top for the B-Fest competition, vying for a coveted live spot at the festival on Sunday.
The festival is a non-profit event which has raised almost £170,000 for local charities over the years.
For details visit www.buresmusicfestival.com
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 4 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 7 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week