Bury St Edmunds-based Kirbye Voices get to sing in Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Kirbye Voices, the Bury St Edmunds-based chamber choir, is now preparing for a busy schedule of singing assignments.
Among their engagements include Christmas Concerts in Holy Innocents’ Church, in Great Barton, on Thursday, December 14, and in St Mary’s Church, in Bury, on Thursday, December 21. Both concerts will be at 7.30pm.
It comes after 30 members sang evensong in Ely Cathedral, last Saturday.
The choir was directed by Penny Hill and the organist was Christopher Moore.
Ely, as with all cathedrals, has choirs of its own, but they need the help of suitable visiting choirs from time to time to fill gaps in the schedule.
You may also want to watch:
John Wilkin, from Kirbye Voices, said: “It was an honour to be invited to sing a cathedral service and in recent years we have also sung in Canterbury, Chelmsford, Coventry, Norwich, Peterborough, and St George’s chapel Windsor, as well as locally in Bury.
“But it was a great thrill and a privilege to sing in Ely Cathedral.”
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 10 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside