Bury St Edmunds: Jedward are confirmed for Abbey festival
X Factor runners-up Jedward have been confirmed as performers at an outdoor music festival set amongst historic ruins.
The identical twins, whose real names are John and Edward Grimes, are on board for Abbey Fest, which runs from July 22 to 24 in the Abbey Gardens in Bury St Edmunds.
The duo, who found fame in the 6th series of the X Factor talent show in 2009, are set to perform on the opening night, which is being headlined by Lulu.
Jedward’s first single ‘Under Pressure (Ice Ice Baby)’ was a collaboration with 90s’ hip hop star Vanilla Ice hitting number one in the Irish singles charts and number 2 in the UK singles charts.
They released their debut album, ‘Planet Jedward’, in July last year and represented Ireland with their performance of ‘Lipstick’ in this year’s 56th Eurovision Song Contest in Dusseldorf, Germany.
You may also want to watch:
They finished 8th and the song has gone to number one in the Irish singles charts.
Abbey Fest tickets cost �33.50 for adults, �10 for children under 14 and children under 5 are free.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
Call the box office on 01603 508050 or email www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk.
Tickets can be collected in person from Balaam’s Music Shop in Risbygate Street in Bury St Edmunds. Call 01284 766933.