Bury St Edmunds: Singer Lulu to perform in market town
A POP icon has been announced as the headline act on the opening night of a musical festival staged among historic ruins.
Lulu will perform an exclusive ‘greatest hits of all time’ show at Abbey Fest, in Bury St Edmunds’ picturesque Abbey Gardens, on July 22.
Born in Glasgow as Marie McDonald McLoughlin Lawrie, the 62-year-old has managed to clock up hits in every decade since the 1960s through to 2000.
Well-known song ‘Shout!’ and the title song from the James Bond film ‘The Man with the Golden Gun’ are among those that will feature in her gig, which includes special guests.
Lulu’s Friday night performance will be followed by Motown, Soul and Reggae Chartbusters Concert Picnic Party, with Alexander O’Neal, Aswad and Heatwave, on the Saturday night and Bill Wyman’s Rhythm Kings, with special guests, on the Sunday night.
You may also want to watch:
For tickets for Lulu’s show call the box office on 01603 508050, visit www.abbeygardensfestival.co.uk or Balaam’s Music Shop in Risbygate Street, Bury St Edmunds.
Early riser tickets, including a free drink, are �33.50, �10 for children under 14 and under 5s are free.
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 7 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 8 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 9 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 10 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop
Gates are open from 5pm until 10.30pm.