Bury St Edmunds: Singer Lulu to perform in market town
A POP icon has been announced as the headline act on the opening night of a musical festival staged among historic ruins.
Lulu will perform an exclusive ‘greatest hits of all time’ show at Abbey Fest, in Bury St Edmunds’ picturesque Abbey Gardens, on July 22.
Born in Glasgow as Marie McDonald McLoughlin Lawrie, the 62-year-old has managed to clock up hits in every decade since the 1960s through to 2000.
Well-known song ‘Shout!’ and the title song from the James Bond film ‘The Man with the Golden Gun’ are among those that will feature in her gig, which includes special guests.
Lulu’s Friday night performance will be followed by Motown, Soul and Reggae Chartbusters Concert Picnic Party, with Alexander O’Neal, Aswad and Heatwave, on the Saturday night and Bill Wyman’s Rhythm Kings, with special guests, on the Sunday night.
For tickets for Lulu’s show call the box office on 01603 508050, visit www.abbeygardensfestival.co.uk or Balaam’s Music Shop in Risbygate Street, Bury St Edmunds.
Early riser tickets, including a free drink, are �33.50, �10 for children under 14 and under 5s are free.
- 1 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 3 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 4 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 5 Woman in 70s dies in hospital after serious crash in east Suffolk
- 6 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 7 New homes plan submitted for controversial Suffolk site
- 8 Five new flats to replace redundant builder's yard
- 9 Woodbridge café adds extra outside seats due to high demand from customers
- 10 North Stander: With goals from elsewhere, do we need another striker?
Gates are open from 5pm until 10.30pm.