Bury St Edmunds: Ticket sales for festive panto break records
TICKETS for the annual pantomime at the Theatre Royal, in Bury St Edmunds, are selling so fast that there are just over 3,000 left for the remaining shows in the run up to Christmas.
A total of 18,567 have either been snapped up or reserved, equivalent to 72% of capacity of the theatre in Westgate Street, with 450 available for the opening weekend.
Officials say the pantomime is breaking all records for this time of year with just a few days left before the opening of Rapunzel and the Rascal Prince, on Friday.
The cast have been busy rehearsing at the town’s Guildhall.
Chris Grady, of the theatre, said: “We’re really excited about the wonderful show – we can’t wait for you to join us and let your hair down too!”
You may also want to watch:
There are a total of a 74 performances throughout the duration of the panto which ends on Sunday, January 13.
For added fun there are tickets for the gala performance on Sunday December 16, at 1pm, where the ticket price includes face painting, a goodie bag for children, ice cream, drinks and savoury nibbles.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
Rapunzel and the Rascal Prince is sponsored by Premier Printers, with media partners the East Anglian Daily Times and the Bury St Edmmunds Mercury.