Can you spot the ‘naughty’ details in artist Polly Williams’ take on Southwold and Framlingham?
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk artist’s “love for the absurd beauty of the nude form” has given a revealing perspective on some of the county’s best loved towns.
Polly Williams’ first solo exhibition at Studio 90 in Rendham, near Framlingham, will showcase her “romantic illustrations of Suffolk at its best”.
On closer inspection, however, viewers may also be able to pick out the “naughty narratives and eccentric characters” that set Polly’s work apart.
“I like to weave hidden narratives through my drawings and I get a thrill from including details that become weirder the closer you get,” said Polly, who grew up in Woodbridge and attended Framlingham College.
“My illustrations are instinctual, fictionalised versions of my real life experiences. I find humour in the mundane and love to celebrate the absurd beauty of the nude form.”
You may also want to watch:
Polly, who now lives in London, has been featured in VICE Magazine, Elle Magazine, Marks & Spencers and Hallmark. She has also completed commissions for Suffolk brands including Adnams, Savills, Scarlett & Mustard and Bruisyard Hall.
She said she was “honoured” to have her first solo show at Studio 90.
- 1 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 4 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 5 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 8 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
“Growing up in Suffolk was a very important part of my life and I’m excited to be showcasing some new pieces which are based on sights and scenes that still are very close to my heart,” Polly added.
The exhibition runs from August 18-September 8 in Studio 90, Rendham.
Visit Polly’s website here.