Can you take on the chilli challenge at Colchester market?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Spicy chilli eating contestants will fight against each other to win the inaugural Colchester Market Chilli Challenge next weekend.
The person who can eat the hottest pepper will be crowned champion on Saturday and will win a sombrero – it is part of a chilli themed weekend across the whole market.
Ten places in the competition are available, over 18s can take part on a first come first serve basis, and all of the contestants will get a Chilli Challenge t-shirt for a £5 entry fee.
It has been set-up in partnership with Scoville Chilli Company.
Colchester Borough Councillor Tim Young, portfolio holder for culture and regeneration, said: “The special weekend promises to be really great fun and I would encourage anyone in town to come along and take a look for themselves.”
You may also want to watch:
It will start at 11am at Scoville stall, outside Superdrug on the High Street.
Families can also watch a magic show, which will go on from 10.30am to 12.30pm.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 10 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks