Cast of Beauty and the Beast Arrive at the Bury St Edmunds Theatre Royal
- Credit: Gregg Brown
The cast for this year’s Beauty and the Beast pantomime at the Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds arrived in town yesterday ready for rehearsals.
Eamonn Fleming is this year’s dame – Molly Muffintop – and the show will be directed by the Theatre Royal’s artistic director Karen Simpson.
“It’s fantastic to welcome the cast to Bury St Edmunds – we’re already working hard on creating another fantastic show,” she said yesterday.
The first show is on Friday, December 2, and the panto runs until Sunday, January 15.
Chris Hannon, who has penned CBeebies’ Topsy and Tim, has written the family pantomime.
You may also want to watch:
Also in the cast this year is Bury actress Helen Slade, who recently graduated from drama school and is making her professional stage debut as Vera.
Returning to the cast from last year’s pantomime are Louise Olley as Belle and Leonie Spilsbury as Fairy Blossom.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 8 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 9 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
Alongside them, Martin Neely stars as Sir Kenneth Branflakes, Sebastian Hill plays the Beast and Michael Lapham completes the cast as Barney Muffintop.
For tickets and more details call the theatre’s box office on 01284 769505 or visit www.theatreroyal.org