Suffolk’s Ched wins through to Love Island final - will he be the series winner?
- Credit: ITV
Suffolk scaffolder Ched Uzor has won through to tomorrow night’s final of Love Island, together with partner Jess Gale.
The 23-year-old from Bury St Edmunds will be watched by millions in the final of the hit dating show, to be shown on Sunday, February 23, at 9pm on ITV2.
There is a £50,000 cash prize to be won, with the winner being asked if they want to keep all the money or split it with their partner.
In last night's episode, the contestants' families and friends visited the reality show's Casa Amor villa in South Africa. Both Ched and Jess were visited by their parents - while Jess's identical twin Eve, who exited the show in week one, also paid a return visit.
The couple who were dumped from the villa in last night's show were Mike Boateng and Priscilla Anyabu, who were eliminated after coming last in a vote to find the audience's favourite couple.
The line-up for the final will be Ched, Jess, Luke Mabbott, Demi Jones, Paige Turley, Finn Tapp, Luke T and Siannise.
Ched and Jess recently agreed to make their relationship "exclusive" in the show, where men and women couple-up to avoid being sent home.
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 3 A14 in west Suffolk closes overnight after serious multi-vehicle crash
- 4 Crews battle huge 15-acre fire in mid Suffolk village
- 5 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
- 6 Complaints of 'terrible smell' coming from Melton animal crematorium
- 7 Residents help firefighters tackle huge blaze near homes
- 8 Suffolk letting agent admits swindling customers out of £80,000
- 9 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 10 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
In Friday's episode, Ched hugged his parents. He said: "It has been an incredible day, seeing everyone's families and seeing how nice everyone is. It has been an emotional but amazing day."
Jess, from Cambridge, told her twin sister: "He is really kind, he's so funny. I'm so happy."
Earlier in the series, Ched and Jess narrowly missed being dumped from the show, when they were among the three couples who received the least votes - but in the end Jordan and Rebecca and Naz and Eva were the couples who had to pack their suitcases.
Ched graduated from the University of Suffolk in October 2019 with a qualification in business management, after studying at the West Suffolk College campus.
In his Love Island profile, he rates his looks as an eight out of ten, saying his arms are his best feature - thanks to working out at the Abbeycroft Leisure centre in Bury.
He regularly posts videos of his intense training régime and offers online coaching for training and diet.