Chedburgh Community Choir to perform at Ickworth Estate
- Credit: Archant
Chedburgh Community Choir will be performing an afternoon concert at St Mary’s Church, on the Ickworth Estate, at the weekend.
It is taking place on Sunday, at 4pm, and tickets are available from the website https://goo.gl/6fQUBE, or on the door, costing £6.50 (under 13s free).
Proceeds of the event will be going to Ickworth Church Conservation Trust and to the continued running of the choir.
There will also be champagne available afterwards.
Chedburgh Community Choir began life in December 2015 at a one-off Christmas concert in the Erskine Centre and it was so well received and the participants had so much fun,that they decided to continue.
You may also want to watch:
Since then numbers have grown to 50 strong and it has staged lots of concerts at a variety of venues with three concerts a year at the Erskine Centre.
The choir, which is guided by its musical director Polly Anderson, has been the chorus for Swansea City Opera Company when their tours of Lakmé (2017) and The Barber of Seville (2018) brought them to Suffolk.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 5 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 6 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 9 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point
- 10 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday