Chelmsford: X-Factor stars set for summer concert
X-FACTOR stars JLS and Olly Murs are heading to Essex for an outdoor summer concert.
Chelmsford’s Hylands House will host the double-bill show for an expected audience of 20,000 in July.
Runners-up in the The X-Factor 2008, JLS have since landed six top ten hits in the UK singles chart, four of which reached the top spot.
Their self-titled debut album went to number one in the album charts in 2009, quickly going quadruple platinum, selling more than one million copies in the UK.
Their second album, Outta This World, released in November 2010, has already sold more than 300,000 copies. In addition, JLS are the winners of four MOBO awards, three Urban Music Awards and two BRIT Awards.
You may also want to watch:
Olly Murs, X-Factor runner-up in 2009, has released a self-titled, platinum-selling debut album, which reached number two in the UK album chart upon release in November 2010, and secured two top five places in the UK singles chart, the first of which, Please Don’t Let Me Go, reached the number one spot. His third single, Heart on my Sleeve, is due for release in March this year.
Commenting on the summer concert announcement, concert promoter Clare Trickett said: “We’re obviously delighted to bring together two of the finest acts, from separate series of The X-Factor, for this concert, both of which are carving out great music careers on their own merits, and with Olly being from the area, this will be a superb homecoming performance.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
The concert will take place at Hylands House, Chelmsford, on Saturday, 9 July. For more information, or to book tickets for the event, visit www.ticketeast.co.uk, or call 0871 224 1112 / 1113
Tickets are on sale from Monday 31 January at 9am.