Chicago cast announced
Ex-Hollyoaks and The Bill actress Ali Bastian will razzle dazzle Regent audiences as Roxie Hart in Chicago next year, we can reveal.
Based on a true story from the roaring 1920s, nightclub singer Hart ends up in prison after shooting her lover.
There she and cell block rival and double-murderess Velma Kelly fight to keep themselves off death row with the help of smooth-talking lawyer Billy Flynn.
Created by John Kander, Fred Ebb and legendary choreographer Bob Fosse the musical has earned six Tony, two Olivier, one Grammy, two Bafta and six Academy awards since opening at London’sAdelphi Theatre in 1997 to rave reviews.
The sassy score boasts songs such as All That Jazz and Razzle Dazzle.
You may also want to watch:
Joining the 2009 Strictly Come Dancing semi-finalist and theatre actress will be Stefan Booth as Flynn; Tupele Dorgu as Kelly and Bernie Nolan as Mama Morton.
Booth was recently seen playing Tanya’s husband Greg Jessop in EastEnders and is well known for playing Sgt Marc Rollins in The Bill and Jamie Nash in Hollyoaks as well as reaching the finals of the first series of ITV’s Dancing On Ice.
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
Dorgu played Kelly Crabtree in Coronation Street as well as appearing in The Case, The Accused, Waterloo Road, Casualty and Merseybeat.
She also appeared in the West End production of Mamma Mia!
Nolan was, of course, the lead singer with The Nolans from 1974 until 1994; enjoying massive success here and abroad alongside her sisters.
She’s toured the UK many times in stage productions such as Calendar Girls, Flashdance, Mum’s The Word and Blood Brothers and also appeared in The Bill and Brookside.
Chicago runs at the Ipswich Regent from April 2-7 next year.