Popular Christmas tree collection service returns
- Credit: Archant
A popular Christmas tree collection service in Bury St Edmunds and surrounding areas which raises money for charity will return in January.
St Nicholas Hospice Care’s house clearance team will be out on the road again from January 7 to January 11, collecting Christmas trees and taking them to be recycles at Culford Waste.
The team raised nearly £2,000 for the hospice in January this year.
Darren Devine, the charity’s house clearance manager, said: “As a team last year we had a very busy start to 2018 thanks to our Christmas tree collection service.
“Over the course of five days we collected and recycled more than 300 trees and thanks to Culford Waste Ltd, who recycled the trees for us free of charge, we managed to raise £1,800 for the hospice.
“Once again, we hope everyone will support us once and help us raise funds for the hospice, so we can keep providing services to those in the final chapters of their lives.”
The team will collect from the following postcode areas: IP24 IP28, IP29, IP30, IP31, IP32 and IP33.
- 1 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 2 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 5 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 6 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 7 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
- 10 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
Pick-ups must be reserved before midday on Thursday, January 3, and all trees must be left outside properties decoration free.
The service is for real trees only, not artificial.
There is a suggested £5 donation for the service and anyone interested can telephone 01284 747622.
Collections can also be booked online at www.stnicholashospice.org.uk/news-community/events-listing/christmas-tree-recycling