Church to celebrate flowers, music and children’s talent
- Credit: Archant
A celebration of creativity is being held at an east Suffolk church this summer, showcasing the talents of local young people.
St Michael’s Church in Framlingham is organising A Celebration of Framlingham in Flowers Art and Music in July, with funds raised supporting the upkeep of the historic building.
Imogen Sheeran, the mother of the award-winning Suffolk singer Ed Sheeran, said the “heart” of the festival would be displays on the themes of “baptism”, “weddings” and “lives lived”, “all of which are central to what the church offers to the town”.
The celebration will begin on Friday, July 3 with a preview evening featuring music by local school students and an opportunity to view the exhibition of pupils’ artwork as well as the church’s flower arrangements.
A programme of concerts will also be held, offering music “to suit many tastes”.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a service celebrating baptism and a songs of praise services, during which there will be an opportunity for members of the congregation to renew their marriage vows.
The celebration runs from Friday, July 3 until Sunday, July 5 at St Michael’s Church in Church Street, and admission is free.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
Refreshments and light lunches will be served in the church, with proceeds going towards the upkeep of the buildings.