Clacton Air Show: Red Arrows to perform on both days of 20th anniversary event
WORLD-FAMOUS aerobatic display team the Red Arrows will perform on both days of the Clacton Air Show.
The team has now been officially signed up for the 20th anniversary of the event and will be showing off its daredevil skills over the skies of the town on August 25 and 26.
Exact times for the displays still have to be finalised and will be confirmed nearer to the dates.
The Red Arrows are acknowledged as one of the world’s premier aerobatic teams and prove hugely popular with flight fans of all ages year after year.
Tendring District Council (TDC), which organises the event, is delighted to have them returning for two spectacular performances for the third year in succession.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Daniells, TDC’s tourism and marketing manager, said: “The team is an integral part of any air show and to have them both days is great news for everyone, especially if they can only get to one of the days.
“I am aware that they have been practicing a new nine-ship formation for the 2011 season and it has gone well in training. It will be the first time it has been performed over Clacton and will add to the thrills.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
“We are particularly pleased that they will be part of the line-up for the 20th anniversary of this popular event.”
Plans for the Clacton Air Show are getting off the ground and it is hoped to include a number of new ideas and attractions.
A list of other aircraft is being lined-up to take part and details will be revealed in due course.
There are still plenty of opportunities for sponsors to get involved and there is space available on the ground for stands.
However, these are likely to be snapped up over the coming months and anyone interested needs to get in contact.
Anyone wanting to book a trade stand or a sponsorship package should contact Sarah Daniells on 01255 686654 or Jo Needham on 01255 686683 as soon as possible.