Classical crossover star Russell Watson coming to Colchester
- Credit: Archant
Russell Watson is heading to Colchester’s Charter Hall with new show Canzoni d’Amore.
The UK’s best-selling classical crossover artist of all time, he’s sold more than 7million albums worldwide.
His debut album The Voice held simultaneous number one slots in the US and UK - a world first - and spent a record-breaking 52 weeks at the top spot in the UK.
Russell, who has performed for the likes of the Queen, Pope and three US presidents, visits Colchester on October 4. Tickets go on sale March 20.
Councillor Annie Feltham, portfolio holder for commercial services, said: “I’m delighted such a popular classical artist will be performing in Colchester. This really demonstrates both the variety and quality of acts that Charter Hall can accommodate.”
You may also want to watch:
Demand for tickets for Russell’s latest performance is expected to be high and theatre-goers are advised to book early.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit