Classical crossover star Russell Watson coming to Colchester
- Credit: Archant
Russell Watson is heading to Colchester’s Charter Hall with new show Canzoni d’Amore.
The UK’s best-selling classical crossover artist of all time, he’s sold more than 7million albums worldwide.
His debut album The Voice held simultaneous number one slots in the US and UK - a world first - and spent a record-breaking 52 weeks at the top spot in the UK.
Russell, who has performed for the likes of the Queen, Pope and three US presidents, visits Colchester on October 4. Tickets go on sale March 20.
Councillor Annie Feltham, portfolio holder for commercial services, said: “I’m delighted such a popular classical artist will be performing in Colchester. This really demonstrates both the variety and quality of acts that Charter Hall can accommodate.”
Demand for tickets for Russell’s latest performance is expected to be high and theatre-goers are advised to book early.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 6 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 7 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143